With more than 30 years of experience, he has tried both jury and non-jury cases with disputes in a wide variety of areas, including contracts, fraud, fraudulent transfers, business partnerships, land use, wills, construction, real estate, insurance, trademark infringement and banking. He also represents and advises a number of businesses about their contractual relationships, internal controls and procedures, and other legal and strategic decisions.
Ranked by Chambers USA 2017 in commercial litigation and listed in Who’s Who Legal: Litigation 2015, Glen has obtained numerous jury verdict awards in the seven- and eight-figure range in commercial and real-estate matters, and successfully defended claims of equal size. He has had similar success in the area of real estate and land use, and in probate courts. Likewise, he has secured a number of international arbitration awards reaching as high as $50 million.
Over the past year, Glen and his litigation group have received local and national recognition from both their peers and respected media for their work. For example, Glen was featured in The Wall Street Journal for his representation of Tropicana Condominium, and Heller Waldman was inducted into the 2015 Daily Business Review Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame for a jury verdict of $21 million, including punitive damages, won by Glen and his litigation group.
Similarly, as reported by The Miami Herald, he led a successful effort to stymie developers who were intent on changing the landscape of the Grove Isle community located in Coconut Grove, Florida. He is currently leading the litigation team fighting to achieve the development of Privé on Williams Island against significant opposition in multiple related cases.
University of Miami, M.B.A., 1994 J.D., 1986
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1983
• Commercial and Business
• Real Estate and Land Use
• Probate and Trust
• Insurance Coverage Disputes
• Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Leading Florida Litigator, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions
• Member. American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA): 2015 – present
• Law360 Trial Pros Series 2016, Recognized as an Elite Trial Lawyer
• Who’s Who Legal: Litigation
• Best Lawyers, Litigation
• U.S. News & World Report, Litigation
• Daily Business Review, Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame, 2015
• Won a multimillion-dollar jury verdict award on behalf of Guarantee Insurance Company against its insurance brokers for failure to properly protect the interests of its fiduciary concerning its insurance needs.
• Led Heller Waldman’s litigation team to win a crucial victory for Credit Max Holdings, LLC, turning away a $5- million whistleblower claim against the financial services firm.
• Won a $20-million-plus jury verdict award, including $4 million in punitive damages, against Marriott International and other defen dants for fraudulent activity by joint venturers at a failed hotel resort project in the Bahamas.
• Secured a Spoliation of Evidence order and “adverse inference” against any claim for liability at trial in a $45- million claim against the property manager, termite company and other parties affiliated with a residential apartment complex near the University of Central Florida.
• Served as lead counsel to the government of El Salvador in an International Chamber of Commerce arbitration, which involved complex design and engineering issues for combustion gas turbines. As a result, he secured for his clients an award in excess of $13 million against the second largest corporation in the United States.
• Chairman. Key Biscayne Youth Advisory Athletic Board: 2012 – present
• Adjunct Professor Business Law Department, University of Miami: 2014 — present
• Key Biscayne Athletic Club, President: 2003 – 2005; Vice President: 2006 – 2008