With more than 30 years of experience, he has tried both jury and non-jury cases with disputes in a wide variety of areas, including contracts, fraud, fraudulent transfers, business partnerships, land use, wills, construction, real estate, insurance, trademark infringement and banking. He also represents and advises a number of businesses about their contractual relationships, internal controls and procedures, and other legal and strategic decisions.
Ranked by Chambers USA repeatedly in commercial litigation and noted in Who’s Who Legal: Litigation as “one of the US’s leading trial lawyers,” Glen has obtained jury verdict awards in the seven- and eight-figure range in commercial and real-estate matters, and successfully defended claims of equal size. He has had similar success in the area of real estate and land use, and in probate courts. Likewise, he has secured numerous international arbitration awards reaching as high as $50 million.
Glen and his litigation group have received local and national recognition from both their peers and respected media for their work. For example, Glen was featured in The Wall Street Journal for his representation of Tropicana Condominium, and Waldman Barnett won a jury verdict of $26 million, in a protracted case by nearby homeowners against the development of Privé at Island Estates in Aventura’s Dumfoundling Bay, which opened in 2018.
Similarly, as reported by The Miami Herald, Glen led a successful effort to stymie developers who were intent on changing the landscape of the Grove Isle community located in Coconut Grove, Florida.
He has been a “Top-Rated Business Litigation Attorney,” according to Super Lawyers, since 2006. He is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, ABOTA.
University of Miami, M.B.A., 1994 J.D., 1986
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1983
• Commercial and Business
• Real Estate and Land Use
• Probate and Trust
• Insurance Coverage Disputes
• Fellow. Litigation Counsel of America, 2018
• Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Leading Florida Litigator, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 editions
• Member. American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA): 2015 – present
• Top-Rated Business Litigation Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2006-2018
• Law360 Trial Pros Series 2016, Recognized as an Elite Trial Lawyer
• Who’s Who Legal: Litigation
• Best Lawyers, Litigation
• U.S. News & World Report, Litigation
• Daily Business Review, Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame, 2015
• Won a multimillion-dollar jury verdict award on behalf of Guarantee Insurance Company against its insurance brokers for failure to properly protect the interests of its fiduciary concerning its insurance needs.
• Led Heller Waldman’s litigation team to win a crucial victory for Credit Max Holdings, LLC, turning away a $5- million whistleblower claim against the financial services firm.
• Won a jury verdict of over $20 million and $4 million in punitive damages against Marriott International and other defendants for fraudulent activity by joint venturers at a failed hotel resort project in the Bahamas. (Partially Settled and Reversed on Appeal as Marriott).
• Secured a Spoliation of Evidence order and “adverse inference” against any claim for liability at trial in a $45- million claim against the property manager, termite company and other parties affiliated with a residential apartment complex near the University of Central Florida.
• Served as lead counsel to the government of El Salvador in an International Chamber of Commerce arbitration, which involved complex design and engineering issues for combustion gas turbines. As a result, he secured for his clients an award in excess of $13 million against the second largest corporation in the United States.
• Chairman. Key Biscayne Youth Advisory Athletic Board: 2012 – present
• Adjunct Professor Business Law Department, University of Miami: 2014 — present
• Key Biscayne Athletic Club, President: 2003 – 2005; Vice President: 2006 – 2008