She has experience litigating matters in both state and federal courts throughout Florida and other jurisdictions throughout the country. She has handled matters through trial in various areas of business disputes, including actions involving employment discrimination, construction, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, partnership disputes, all facets of real estate matters and copyright and trademark infringement.
Emory University School of Law, J.D. 2000
Georgetown University, B.A. 1997 cum laude
• Commercial and Business Litigation
• Trust and Probate Litigation
• Employment Litigation
• Insurance Coverage and Disputes
• Real Property Disputes
• Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of the Federal Courts in Florida
• Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2015
• Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up and Commer, 2012
• Secured $20-plus million jury verdict award including 4 million in punitive damages against Marriott International and other Defendants regarding fraudulent activity by joint venturers concerning a failed hotel resort project in the Bahamas.
• In $45 million dollar claim against property manager, termite company and other parties for pervasive mold, water and termite damage at a 40-building residential apartment complex adjacent to the University of Central Florida, secured a spoliation of evidence order and “adverse inference” against any claim for liability at trial. As a result, his client was released from the case just prior to opening arguments, when the adverse inference against Plaintiff’s improper activities would have been disclosed to the jury.
• Successfully defended to verdict seven figure claim by beneficiary concerning interpretation of codicil to will involving contractual obligations and control of a large television station group.
• Defense through successful resolution of purported class action in Southern District of Florida against national telephone provider for claims of unfair and deceptive trade practices.
• Successfully defended two different manufacturers of creams and lotions in two separate actions in the Southern District of Florida and the Federal District of Utah for trademark infringement and breach of contract.
• Prosecution of two-week jury trial to verdict in prosecution of claims for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty relating to procurement of product liability insurance, subsequently settled on appeal.
• Defense of condominium developer in Circuit Court in Broward County for claims of breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and ISLA violations.
• Successfully defended at trial various Tennessee corporations in copyright and trademark dispute in the Southern District of Florida.
• Assisted with defense of securities claims and related contract claims against multiple limited partnerships brought in the Federal District of Connecticut.
• Assisted in ten day trial in prosecution of multi-million dollar preference action against various banks in bankruptcy court in Virginia.